Patient Centered Care: A Model for Continuous Improvement
Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH)
Eastern Aleutian Tribes (EAT) began participating in the Indian Health Service’s Improving Patient Care (IPC) in 2007. The IPC Program has helped us to constantly improve the quality of and access to care for our patients. Our implementation of the program enables us to make a difference in the health and well-being of every member of our communities by incorporating patient centered medical home concepts – a system of care “where patients get the care they want and need, when they want and need it,” by their own care team.
Working in care teams, and with support from leading experts and peers, EAT sites have learned and applied the principles and processes of quality improvement.
Another exciting, innovative program is The Joint Commission’s Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH) Certification that EAT received in 2012. PCMH focuses on care coordination, access to care, and partnership with the patient. The accreditation is consistent with the Affordable Care Act to improve health outcomes and the continuity, quality and efficiency of health care services. Each EAT community has formed care teams.
EAT PCMH Goals:
- Focus on patient and family centered care
- Ensure access to primary care
- Provide consistent, high quality care by health care teams
- Act on the guidance of the community
- Making positive, sustainable, and measurable improvements in care
- EAT Services Provided:
- Acute Care
- Management of Chronic Care
- Behavioral Health Needs
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Urgent and Emergent Care
- Oral Health Care
- What do these programs mean? How do they impact YOUR care?In order to accomplish this, we need you as the patient to provide a health history, current medications and participate in self-management activities.
- If you have comments, ideas, or suggestions, please feel free to call us at 1-866-328-4911 or email us at email@example.com. We would like to hear from you!
- It means that when you need care, you get care, from a team of people that you select. You can receive care from a team that is informed and caring. You do not have to worry when a provider is out of town, because your TEAM is there for you. Working together with your team, you will be enabled to make informed choices about your health, and improvements in your life.
- Medical, dental, and behavioral health services are provided with specialty care and all other services managed and coordinated through referrals and follow up.
Our services offered: